Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Post subject: Have you built something you're really proud of?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:26 pm 
150-299 posts, Your just too amazing for words!

Cash on hand: 80.00
Bank: 173.00
I ask because a lot of people build things but are either neither proud of it or unwilling to admit they are. So, I want you to show off what you've built in this thread. And I mean show off. Don't be put off by anyone else's work in this thread.

So, I'll start off with something unreasonably over-the-top. As I've mentioned somewhere before:
jbrowneuk wrote:
The proof I spend too much time? I'm building a city. Alone. Out of wool.

This has changed a little since I posted it. One of my housemates has made his way over to it and has built a part of the roof I hate people leeching off my fame and two shrines to nyan cat and iron man which I also disapprove of, it's taking the limelight off my block-art Miku Hatsune. Also, the base is made of stone bricks, whilst the top is made of wool and stone slabs.

Anyway. The project itself is a Japanese-styled city, tentatively named “Sakura City” after Japan's famous cherry blossom trees. The inspiration is taken from the Multiplay build competition finalist, shown here. I've been working on it for far too long and I'm becoming increasingly proud of it.

Up close, it's quite an impressive sight, standing there in the middle of a tiny grass patch in between two deserts and plenty of snow. I traveled a long way from spawn (4080 blocks east, approximately 5 in-game days travel) to find this patch–so if you join my server, be well prepared if you fancy visiting it!

Also, this is what it looks like from the level render on 28th March 2012–just for a size overview.

Currently, the buildings have been built by actually going and gathering resources–no creative mode for them. However, I've used creative mode to spawn 4 villagers inside–and they've had children randomly, which is quite amusing because it's dark enough inside for zombies to spawn occasionally.

Why am I building this? I have no idea. Might have something to do with the server renewal coming up soon. I'm currently calling it the capital city for the set of biomes found around it.

Now show and tell us about yours!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Have you built something you're really proud of?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:33 pm 
Administrator

Cash on hand: 268.40
Wow! Jason, that's so freakin' awesome. I love it man. Good job. Yeah, you said you were building out of wool and there's the proof.

The villager babies are adorable. I giggled a lot over them.

I built that farm with some friends i was telling you about. And, I was so proud of that thing. I can't even say how much. Wish I'd taken snapshots. It wasn't the biggest or most impressive structure. But it was mine/ours and we had a nice little thing going.

I'll try to get to work doing something in Minecraft and hopefully share a pic soon. Till then, anyone else, post a pic. Or, please post more if you can Jason. It's really awesome.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:18 pm 
150-299 posts, Your just too amazing for words!

Cash on hand: 80.00
Bank: 173.00

Server's not available outside my house any more so only my housemates and I have access right now (price for renewing the server was a bit too much) but, I made it bigger. It's now so big that you can't see from end to end unless you have your render distance set to "far".

View over the river winding its way through the middle of the southern wall.

View of the enclosed space, currently left wild.

City's block art protector, Cherry Blossom (Sakura) Miku

Fully automated farm – push one button and the entire swathe of wheat is pushed onto a "conveyor" belt.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:42 am 
Administrator

Cash on hand: 268.40
wow! That's amazing!. I'm really impressed with the details
Really love Cherry Blossom. She's awesome. :)

Offline Profile