Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 am

Post subject: Favorite piece of technology?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:32 pm 
WOW 20-49 posts, your good at this!

Cash on hand: 46.00
Would you die without your phone? Or is you computer the one thing that you would never part with? Maybe it is you console that makes you life livable?
There are just too many options now days, but if you had to choose what would it be?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Favorite piece of technology?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:29 pm 
Administrator

Cash on hand: 268.40
No i wouldn't die without my phone. I cut the cord on home telephone service about seven years ago and have been blissfully unaware of any shortcomings since. Though to be fair, i did have a cell phone until just about three years ago. When I moved, i didn't update my phone with a new SIM card and it finally expired.

Now i just use Google Talk for phone calls as i need them or Skype for free computer to computer calls for domestic calls and real cheap for international calls. So i can actually talk to pretty much anyone anywhere in the world for a fraction of what a cell phone call would cost, assuming they would actually pick up the phone. :D

Also, there's webcam, which totally replaces the need for phone calls anymore. If you have a webcam, you can easily stay in contact with friends where ever they are.

As for my computer, no i couldn't live without that. Actually i could live without the computer IF (and that's a huge IF) i was able to get online some other way. Google is supposedly coming out with a new computer that will only be able to surf online. Forget about downloads though. I think you could probably download to USB but not the desktop. It boots up in just seconds and you're online. There are very few resident software programs, just apps like with a phone and you can use cloud computing. Supposedly it's the next big thing, though i'm not sure even the twenty somethings are ready to go there yet. Probably the current generation of under ten kids will be embracing that technology full on by college. Sometimes it takes awhile for a good idea to take hold.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:27 am 

Cash on hand: 30.00
My favorite techie device would be my PC. With the use of it, I never become bored. There's pretty much things to do like gaming, socializing, and chatting.
What's better is that I have the opportunity to make money using this device.
Now, I always have extra money for me and my family.

So I guess I cannot live without my PC anymore. I use it for many significant purposes and it now became one of my primary necessities.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:14 pm 
150-299 posts, Your just too amazing for words!

Cash on hand: 80.00
Bank: 173.00
My “smart phone”. Lets me call people and allows me to access the internet anywhere and also has watch, alarm, maps and camera features, a bunch of time wasting games on it as well as a basic word processing application that lets me type out documents when I'm travelling. Stores my entire music collection (or at least the part I regularly listen to) as well as more useless things like my SubCard. In addition to that, it lets me call people over skype or similar services for free over WiFi, so I can take the SIM card out and still use it. It's basically my micro computer.

Seriously, without that little thing I'd be incomple-oh shoot, where did I put it?!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:24 am 
Administrator

Cash on hand: 268.40
jbrowneuk wrote:
My “smart phone”. Lets me call people and allows me to access the internet anywhere and also has watch, alarm, maps and camera features, a bunch of time wasting games on it as well as a basic word processing application that lets me type out documents when I'm travelling. Stores my entire music collection (or at least the part I regularly listen to) as well as more useless things like my SubCard. In addition to that, it lets me call people over skype or similar services for free over WiFi, so I can take the SIM card out and still use it. It's basically my micro computer.

Seriously, without that little thing I'd be incomple-oh shoot, where did I put it?!

It's really cool you have a smart phone. For me, a smart phone would cost about as much as a new computer (considering i'm gonna buy cheap). But I guess i could get a smart phone cheaper by subscribing to a plan. Still, if i change my mind and the smart phone is not right for me, i'm stuck paying for something i don't use a lot. :/

For now i'm using Skype for free calls, also calls to friends with cell phones and that's around $3.00 (US$) a month. So still, i don't need a cell phone for calls.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:56 pm 

Cash on hand: 30.00
I love my Apple iPad, thats my favorite piece of technology..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 pm 

Cash on hand: 26.00
I think that the laptop is the favorite piece of technology for me as it is compatible, portable and all of the above it is cheaper.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:17 pm 

Cash on hand: 28.00
I think it is mobile

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 pm 

Cash on hand: 28.00
Mobile

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 am 

Cash on hand: 26.00
I think mobile and Laptop

Offline Profile